Photoshop CS intermittent tool fails, cured by exit+restart!

J2
Posted By
jamesm_2000
May 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working at a customer site on their PC’s and having a very odd problem with Photoshop CS.

Regularly when I start up Photoshop and begin cleaning up pictures the heal and clone tools fail to apply. I get no errors, in the history window it thinks the tool has been applied but the image in the window hasn’t changed. I’ve not tried other tools but I can add text captions onto the image with no problem.

I asked their tech’ support and they said just exit without saving and restart Photoshop and it would be OK. I was pretty dubious about this but it does work although some times it takes a lot of restarts!

I cant think what could be causing this problem but it can be very frustrating! I know its not the images I’m editing as after restarting the tools do work.

Thanks

James

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
May 16, 2004
James Martin wrote:
I’m working at a customer site on their PC’s and having a very odd problem with Photoshop CS.

Regularly when I start up Photoshop and begin cleaning up pictures the heal and clone tools fail to apply. I get no errors, in the history window it thinks the tool has been applied but the image in the window hasn’t changed. I’ve not tried other tools but I can add text captions onto the image with no problem.

I asked their tech’ support and they said just exit without saving and restart Photoshop and it would be OK. I was pretty dubious about this but it does work although some times it takes a lot of restarts!
I cant think what could be causing this problem but it can be very frustrating! I know its not the images I’m editing as after restarting the tools do work.

Thanks

James
Have you tried resetting/trashing prefs?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections