DD
Posted By
Donald_D_White
May 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a full version of Photoshop 3.0 bundled with a Microtek scanner at least ten years ago — it was a screamin’ good deal. A few years later I upgraded to Photoshop 7.0. My Win98 machine is fading fast and I want to move my 7.0 Upgrade to a newer XP machine. I don’t have the original 3.0 install disk anymore, and frankly I don’t know how to start the migration. I still do have the 7.0 Upgrade CD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! –Don

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
May 10, 2008
You will probably need to contact Adobe.

If you registered your Version 3.0 back then you should have no problem. If you didn’t, maybe the version 7.0 registration could help.

You did register your product didn’t you?

When it is installed don’t forget the 7.01 patch!
BL
Bob Levine
May 10, 2008
Also worth mentioning is that this will be your last chance at upgrade pricing if the current trend continues. 7.0 is the earliest version eligible since the new policy is 3 versions back.

If that holds when CS4 comes out, you’ll be out of the upgrade window and if you want to move up you’ll have to do so at full price.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections