AC
Posted By
Andrew_C_Jordan
May 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One of my users is using Photoshop CS (1) and he is using the lasso issue. Every now and again while he is drawing w/ the tool it stops drawing and if he lets go of the mouse the lasso closes and he has an incomplete selection. This so far has only happened to one user so far. What I have done already is repair the install(no luck) complete uninstall and reinstall(no luck) made sure that none of his preferences were applied and yet we still have the issue. I have looked for this problem before but didn’t find anything so I wanted to post. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
J_Maloney
May 7, 2008
You could try resetting the tool or deleting the prefs. It is my understanding that a PS reinstall doesn’t reset prefs, but maybe on the PC… Maybe a bad mouse, or possibly he has the mouse on his Wacom tablet interfering as he draws?

Just another reason to use the pen tool or a layer mask instead of the lasso tool. The lasso tool has this fundamental flaw regardless of your specific performance issue. What happens if your finger screws up instead of the software? He really prefers marching ants to say, a live preview of his selection??

J
P
Phosphor
May 7, 2008
No, reinstalling does not reset the Prefs on Windows either.

I agree, the Pen would be the better way to go.

(my guess is it’s a user issue.)

Of course, he could hold down Shift and continue his lasso selection. Not that big a deal.
JM
J_Maloney
May 7, 2008
Well, unless you’ve just traced an "s" curve, Ed. Then you’re screwed. Ditch the lasso. It’s a dog.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections