HI
Posted By
hector_I_nieves
May 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have this image with an intense orange background.

I want to change the color of the background to a light green, or even white (depending on my boss’ mood). But the background color leaves me with an undesirable orange color-cast on the old man.

Please keep in mind that this is only a very rough clipping, the final version will be well refined.

I can’t figure out a way to eliminate this color-cast, most noticable on his hair. How would you go about it?

EDIT: I actually don’t need to worry about anything below his nose, only half his head will survive the cropping. His orange hair won’t let me sleep at night though.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
J_Maloney
May 5, 2008
Layer menu…new adjustment layer…hue and saturation. Pull down menu master to yellows. Drag down the saturation. Do the same for the reds (but much less).

J
HI
hector_I_nieves
May 6, 2008
You are a genious, it worked like a charm!!!

Once again, a very rough draft. I’ll give this more love later, thanks for teaching me how to eliminate that ugly orange.
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2008
nice one. thanks from me too J!
dave
JM
J_Maloney
May 6, 2008

B)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections