Harddisk crashed before deactivation; how to reinstall…

JS
Posted By
Jarturont_Supiyaphun
May 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have 3 Photoshop CS3 licenses at my workplace, and we didn’t record which machine have which license.
Then a week ago one of the machines broke down and it was too late to deactivate. So now we are having a trouble reinstalling the program. What should we do?
Thanx in advance for your suggestions.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CY
curt_young
May 4, 2008
Call Adobe, explain situation. You would not be first in this situation, they will get it reactivated if that is the problem.
DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2008
We have 3 Photoshop CS3 licenses at my workplace, and we didn’t record which machine have which license.

you can see the license info for the other 2 in help> about photoshop and deduce which one crashed.

as each license is allowed 2 activations at a time (with a rolling reset) you shouldn’t even have to call adobe when reinstalling. you’d only need to call if activation is denied. (which is doubtful).
BL
Bob Levine
May 4, 2008
you can see the license info for the other 2 in help> about photoshop and deduce which one crashed.

Have you tried that? There’s nothing there…You can use help>system info to get most of the serial number but I think if you deactivate and reactivate the activation screen will show the full serial number.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2008
.You can use help>system info

that’s the one.

i’ll give you "have you ever tried that?" in a minute young man! 😛
G
garyoa1
Aug 8, 2008
Same problem here. Drive crash, reinstall, already active… but no phone number.

Now what?
F
Freeagent
Aug 8, 2008
If it refuses to activate online, check "activate by phone", scroll to your country and pick up the phone. They’ll walk you through it.
CB
Coenraad_brand
Aug 24, 2008
Adobe does not want to help me, since they say I purchased my photoshop CS3 from an unauthorized dealer – AMAZON. Can’t understand, since I registered and called Adobe to make sure that copy is legit. They said it was, but now that both my PC’s crashed, I am stuck. I have tried the above-mentioned and still I am unsuccessfull. I have seen help, about photoshop, etc, but don’t know how to deactive crashed computers. Please help! Thanks,
coenraad
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 24, 2008
Did you buy from Amazon or one of the myriad resellers? Many of them do in fact sell bootleg versions.

If you bought from Amazon and it’s legit, you should call back and escalate the case to a supervisor. Get names and case numbers.

Bob
G
garyoa1
Aug 24, 2008
I got mine thru amazon and didn’t have a problem. (web suite)

But the machine it was on went down a second time. Found it was memory… data corruption. Waiting for replacement ram. In the meantime, I’m running under the 30 day trial on the old machine. Hopefully I won’t have a problem once I get the new machine up and running again.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections