Posted By
gantzhou
May 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey everyone
the problem that i have is just weird i don’t event know how to describe in words.. ok
when i open ANY image with photoshop cs3 in my VISTA, the picture just project/display the image like little smoking teeth yellow color in side the window of photoshop.
just as what you see in the picture :
<http://i32.tinypic.com/2eflwrr.jpg> captured the homepage of adobe.com and paste into photoshop it automatically turn into the "smoking teeth yellow color"
when i save as .jpg
it turn back to normal
<http://i28.tinypic.com/2s6lsg5.jpg>
which mean it just project/display the image like little smoking teeth yellow color in side the of photoshop.

can someone tell me how can it change back to normal~~
photoshop cs3 works just fine in my window xp
but in VISTA….
smoking teeth yellow color..
sigh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
May 3, 2008
I was looking everywhere for smoking teeth – it sounded weird.

Then I realised what you meant!

You need to calibrate your monitor for a start. There also may be something different in the settings for Vista but it is probably not loading the monitor profile correctly.
G
gantzhou
May 3, 2008
oh really.
so, how can i calibrate my monitor, how can i load the monitor profile correctly. meant it works just fine in window XP~
G
gantzhou
May 3, 2008
PS: i have dual OS
windows xp
and vista
May 5, 2008
calibrating requires a hardware calibration utility. if you have an LCD monitor, make sure that the utility you get supports LCD calibration.
some names of hardware kits you can get include ColorVision Spyder/Spyder2 and Pantone Huey, but there are others out there as well.

Note that you may have installed updates via Windows Update that installed an ICC profile for your monitor, as this is a new thing with Vista. ICC profiles that are provided by a monitor manufacturers do not contain the same information as an ICC profile created by a calibration utility. to test if this is the problem, launch Photoshop and you might get a warning saying "The monitor profile ‘profile name’ appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software." Clicking the "Ignore Profile" button will prevent Photoshop from using this profile and causing the discoloration. If you do not see this warning, open the PS preferences by clicking the ‘Edit->Preferences..>General’ menu option, click the "Reset All Warning Dialogs" button at the bottom, then restart Photoshop.
AM
alex_m_rojas
May 6, 2008
Hi, everybody
my son just download "adobe photoshop cs3 extended" and everytime I open any program or I click any icon, adobe opens by itself can you help me please how to fix it
Thank you
Patricia
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2008
my son just download "adobe photoshop cs3 extended" and everytime I open any program or I click any icon, adobe opens by itself can you help me please how to fix it

if he didn’t pay for it (it goes for about $1000 bux), delete it before the piracy police <http://www.BSA.org> show up at your door.

to remove, use add/remove programs in the control panel.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections