The wizard hijacked my importing function!

A
Posted By
angeliqueandfriends
May 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS3 and Vista.

Today I happened to attach my laptop to my scanner after Photoshop was already running. Maybe this made the difference.

When I used the "import" function to scan and photo, a new "wizard" appeared. There were two screens (I think) before I got to the usual scanning/importing screen.

There was a box to check so that the image would open in Photoshop. This did not happen. Instead, the photo was saved as a .bmp file in a "destination folder."

Where did this stupid wizard come from, and why doesn’t it want to open my photo in Photoshop once I’ve scanned it? How do I tell it NOT to put the photo in a folder? HOW DO I GET RID OF IT????

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 3, 2008
take a screen shot of it so we can see. maybe someone’s seen it. it’s probably either a windows thing or something to do with your camera. if it is a photoshop thing someone here will recognize it and be able to tell you how to turn it off.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections