JM
Posted By
Jeannie_Musick
May 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m have a real frustration suddenly. I am trying to edit a JPEG. It is one layer. My mode is Normal with 100% opacity, 100% fill. The layer is not locked.

I can use several tools including move, magic wand, paint bucket, crop. However, I cannot use the eraser, paintbrush, healing tool, clone stamp (which is the one I desperately need to use) or many others.

I have tried everything I can think of. Any idea what is wrong?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
May 1, 2008
Is it an 8-bit file?

Have you got a Wacom tablet connected?
J
jcates
May 1, 2008
Several tools aren’t available for smart object layers including some of those you mention. However, some you say do work do not on smart object layers.

I’m still compelled to ask: is it a smart object layer?
JM
Jeannie_Musick
May 1, 2008
It isn’t a smart object layer. It is a straight jpeg photo, it fact this is happening with every jpeg photo I’m opening at this point.

It is an 8-bit file. I do have a Wacom tablet connect but am not using it. It has never affected my files before. However, you have apparently hit the problem. I disconnected the Wacom tablet and restarted Photoshop and it worked fine. This becomes frustrated because I got the Wacom so I could do detail work and apparently it isn’t going to work. Hmm.

Thanks for keeping me sane. Now, if you know how I can beat the Wacom into submission… 😉
JJ
John Joslin
May 1, 2008
No need to beat it – just keep the device you are not using (mouse or stylus) well away from the tablet.
K
Kimmik
May 1, 2008
Check if the picture is a 8bit’s or a 16 bits. As a 16 bit’s the half of the tools in PHS does’nt work, transfer it to 8 bit’s.

Jaap Baart
Hengelo
Holland

schreef in bericht
I’m have a real frustration suddenly. I am trying to edit a JPEG. It is one layer. My mode is Normal with 100% opacity, 100% fill. The layer is not locked.

I can use several tools including move, magic wand, paint bucket, crop. However, I cannot use the eraser, paintbrush, healing tool, clone stamp (which is the one I desperately need to use) or many others.
I have tried everything I can think of. Any idea what is wrong?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections