SL
Posted By
sharon_l_minchuk
Apr 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS2 running on XP with a Wacom tablet. I need to copy select layers of several designs into a larger layout. I’ve tried to link and paste and I can’t get multiple layers highlighted to link. As a work around, I’ve copied them and merged them and then copied and pasted the single layer — overall not a pleasant solution. Any thoughts about why the layers aren’t linking?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Silkrooster
Apr 29, 2008
Rather than linking them, try grouping them. Is the problem you can’t select multiple layers or you can select multiple layers, just the link does not work?
JM
J_Maloney
Apr 30, 2008
Put them in a layer group and move that to your new layout.

J
GD
george_dingwall
Apr 30, 2008
If you are talking about linking layers from several different designs that are in different documents, I don’t think this can be done.

However, it is possible to link multiple layers in a single document and then drag them to a new document.
P
Phosphor
Apr 30, 2008
Sharon,

In versions previous to CS3 you can’t highlight several layers at once, but you can link them by clicking on the little link icon box to the right of the eye in the Layers palette.

Then they can be moved together. Putting them in a Layer Set (Group) is also a good solution.
JM
J_Maloney
Apr 30, 2008
Sharon:

You can MOVE them, as in drag them from one doc to the other. Drag from layers palette of your source to image area of your destination.

J

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections