Photoshop Color Picker Problem … please read!

EV
Posted By
Elliott_von_Wendt
Apr 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I just installed Photoshop. When I try to choose a color, the colors are all messed up. I set the color mode to RGB and it still happens. The problem is that white appears light green. In the color picker, I see green fading to red fading to black.

It is not a monitor problem. All shades of grey (including white) show up in every other program – including the actual Photoshop application. It just happens in the color picker, and any shape or object I draw that is white, grey, or black.

Here is an image:

<http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6057/colorpickerrk3.png>

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Elliott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Apr 27, 2008
What makes you think it’s not a monitor problem? I think you need to calibrate your monitor.

You could try Trashing/resetting Preferences as per the FAQs, but I think you need to calibrate.
PF
Peter_Figen
Apr 28, 2008
It’s not a monitor problem, it’s a monitor profile problem. The other mentioned apps are not color managed and do not use the monitor profile. Recalibrate but if you’re using an eyeball type calibrator, do not use your existing profile as a starting point. Use a different monitor profile or even sRGB as a starting point. Harware calibration devices and programs do not need to do this as they clear the existing profile automatically.
P
Phosphor
Apr 28, 2008
Right. I didn’t mean to imply that there was a hardware issue with the monitor.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections