KF
Posted By
Kathy_Fujinami
Apr 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The monitor profile "Lenovo ThinkPad LCD monitor" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor callibration software. Choices are Ignore Profile and Use Anyway. What does this mean? Neither choice allows me to do anything or changes anything.

Also, my dropdown choices on top… File, Edit, Image etc.. don’t allow me to select anything.

I have an IBM thinkPad running Vista.. and it works for everything I have done. I don’t understand this error. I know I can only change the DPI to 16 or 32. Is that the reason?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
DGWaters
Apr 23, 2008
Basically, it means what it says: the .icc profile for your screen has been corrupted somehow, and a new (or restored) one is required.

You have several options, in the preferred order:

1. Calibrate the screen using a hardware calibrator. This not only fixes the problem, but gives you a correct color response (within limitations).
2. Run Adobe Gamma if you’re still on CS2 or CS. The same, but not as accurate.
3. Use the recovery disc (or partition) to restore your laptop to its factory state.
4. Do nothing. Click ignore profile. This tells your screen to use a standard profile called sRGB. Probably close enough.
KF
Kathy_Fujinami
Apr 23, 2008
So where do I get a hardware calibrator? HOw do I do this. This computer did not come with any software
D
DGWaters
Apr 23, 2008
For now, do #4: click on "ignore profile" to make the message go away and not come back.

Then, in your own time, check the market for calibrators. They come in all price ranges, but there are at least two that are quite inexpensive – the Spyder2express and the Pantone Huey.

Adobe Gamma was included in PS up to CS2, but they dropped it for CS3.

Sure you didn’t get any recovery disks with your laptop? That’s pretty much standard – look again…
D
DGWaters
Apr 23, 2008
I missed the fact that you are using Elements. But the above still holds, except for adobe gamma.

There is an Elements forum here, you might want to try there.
DM
David_Mills_Garrett
Apr 25, 2008
the rectangular marquee tool has round corners in stead of square ?
D
DGWaters
Apr 25, 2008
it’s okay, come on in, we’re finished here…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections