Posted By
craig_veasey
Apr 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone
Just a quick question, i use cs3 quite a bit for weddings but the machine is my work unit and i find it very easy to manage multiple files with an apple machine. I have cs3 now at home on my xp machine but i cant find a way to minimize the photo’s down to the task bar like on an apple machine. Can this be done? If not what is the best way to work with multiple images?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 22, 2008
Graig,

If you minimise images, they become buttons at the bottom of the application window, so not on the taskbar.

Rob
CY
curt_young
Apr 22, 2008
Unless I am misreading this you just click on the – in upper right corner to minimize image. Will not see icon if the next photo takes up whole screen (restore down to get a little smaller window). Also, click Window and the list of photos are there. Click on one to open.
CV
craig_veasey
Apr 22, 2008
No your not misreading and thanks for the reply’s. Thats the way i’m doing it but it’s frustrating not being able to see the photo at the bottom in the task bar like on an apple machine. It means when editing weddings and i’m looking for a certain image i have to maximize them all to find the one i want to work on.

Thanks anyway

Craig
CY
curt_young
Apr 22, 2008
Another plus for Apple! Perhaps you can toggle between PhotoShop and Bridge. Using Bridge thumbnails to view the images you want to zero in on next.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 22, 2008
i have to maximize them all to find the one i want to work on.

Oh no you don’t – just click on the "Window" menu and you’ll see them all at the bottom of the list.

Who wants an overcrowded Task Bar anyway?
CY
curt_young
Apr 22, 2008
Never seen an Apple display, but can not imagine one would have a thumbnail big enough to see anything if you had 10 images on the taskbar.
CV
craig_veasey
Apr 22, 2008
When i click on the window menu then what do i see? a photo or just an image name? cause if it’s just the image name then i still wont know which photo i’m after until opening them all.
CV
craig_veasey
Apr 22, 2008
Curt.. Yes you can see, i usually have around 20 images open and can see what i’m after by scrolling over them.
CY
curt_young
Apr 22, 2008
Craig.. One last thought. Arrange your 20 images as small images on the screen and then the one you are working on have full screen. To see others, minimize the full screen image and the others should be underneath as decent size photos rather than icons.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 22, 2008
i still wont know which photo i’m after until opening them all.

Just open Bridge on your second monitor.

If you don’t have two monitors, Alt+Tab between Bridge and Photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections