Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Windows 2000 / Photoshop 6.

I am working with a large file: the .PSD is about 350MB and contains about 4 raster layers (about 200MB TIFF’s each before importing) and about 35 vector layers (labels and boxes and the like).

If I print to my plotter or laserjet, I have no problems; photoshop is done sending it to the spooler in under 5 minutes or so…

However, if I print to PDF, using Acrobat 6 or JawsPDF which is what I usually use, it takes an extremely long time and then locks up — looking at the spooling on JawsPDF also implies that it is sending each layer at about 300MB or so — if I merge most of my layers and then print the ‘size’ in my printer dialog box gets up to about a gig or so, and then I end up with my 80Kb PDF, but the quality is terrible where the vectors are; I need to keep the vectors in the PDF but photoshop seems to send each tiny vector layer as the same huge size, quickly (~5 minutes) putting it over 3GB or so before croaking..

Any ideas? How can I put out a PDF from a large file with multiple layers?

Thanks

-Josh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 11, 2003
Why are you printing to PDF instead of just saving a PDF file from Photoshop (and including vector data)?
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 11, 2003
Just save a copy as PDF without layers but preserve the vector data.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections