JS
Posted By
Jeffrey Schleicher
Apr 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop CS2 and I’m learning how to use it. I’m taking a photography class and my instructor was telling us about the Burn and Dodge tools and showed us some techniques. I can’t seem to get the burn and or dodge tool to work. I feel pathetic and it’s probably something simple that I’m not doing, I was able to use the tools on another computer at my school.
Any help would be great.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2008
are you trying to use it OUT side of a selection?

a little more exact example of what you’re trying to do rather than "i can’t get them to work" would help us to help you…
CY
curt_young
Apr 21, 2008
Make sure you have adequate size brush and exposure is set high enough to see a difference.
JS
Jeffrey Schleicher
Apr 21, 2008
Brush size is fine and the exposure is fine. The tools are not doing anything, there not burning or dodging, nothing is happening. I also tried using a brush, nothing is happening too. I don’t know if that has something to do with the burn and dodge tools.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 21, 2008
Has the computer got a Wacom tablet attached?
JS
Jeffrey Schleicher
Apr 21, 2008
yes it does
JS
Jeffrey Schleicher
Apr 21, 2008
That’s the problem, I never would of thought of that. Your awesome. Thank you.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 21, 2008
Old problem Jeffrey.

You just need to keep the mouse or stylus (whichever you are not using) weeeeell away from the tablet.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections