Posted By
Peter_DeCamp
Apr 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

When I create a channel mask I notice that the mask does not provide complete protection. The masked area is partly affected by the brush.

I figure that there must be an opacity setting somewhere that’s not 100 percent but I can’t find it.

Anybody know where that is?

Thanks.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Silkrooster
Apr 21, 2008
Using pure white and Black with a hard edge should produce what you want. If you use a soft brush or add a blur then some sepage will occur. That said, there are ways of filling an alpha with a percentage or a blending mode. Example: Edit>fade fill or Edit>fill.
D
DGWaters
Apr 21, 2008
FWIW: Once you have an alpha channel you can manipulate it just as if it was a "full" image. Use Levels to set black/white points, for instance, affecting opacity – or use filters to soften/sharpen edges. Or of course paint directly on it. Not sure if this is what you’re after?
PD
Peter_DeCamp
Apr 21, 2008
I’m using a pure black brush ~ 000000, but, as I said in my first post, the channel mask is not giving complete protection. I am able to paint on the masked areas with my brush. Not good.

Any ideas? or is Photoshop just going into one of her many unpredictable moods?

Pete

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections