CB
Posted By
Cynthia_Baldauf
Apr 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a set of actions for watermarking that works great – one image at a time. If I try to batch process…each step comes up "command not available" What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Apr 20, 2008
I don’t know. What are the steps in the Action? Is a file open when the message comes up? Is a specific layer named in the action or a selection specified? I’d look at all the steps and see what exactly is happening when the message comes up.

Usually it’s something simple.
CB
Cynthia_Baldauf
Apr 20, 2008
I am taking the following steps. The crazy thing is that it worked perfectly the first time I did an individual file and perfectly the first time I did a batch. Now it will only work on one file at a time. I have been working on this for hours. Hope I am helpable!

Creating the Action

1. Create a folder on your desktop and name it Images to Watermark. Place copies of two or three images in the folder.

2. Create a second folder and name it Watermarked images.

3. Open one of the photos from the Images to Watermark folder.

4. Go to the Action Palette (Window > Actions) and select the Default Action Set.

5. Click the Create New Action at the bottom of the palette.

6. Give the action the name Watermarking and click Record.

7. Go to the File Menu and choose Place. When the Place dialog opens, choose the watermark.psd that you saved when you created the watermark. Press Enter and the transparent watermark will be centered in the middle of your image.

8. Flatten the image.

9. Save the photo by choosing File > Save As and select JPEG format. Save the watermarked image in the second folder you made named Watermarked Images
CB
Cynthia_Baldauf
Apr 20, 2008
As an added note. I have a lot of actions I have purchased and have never used them in a batch process. I just tried one and it won’t work as a batch process either – works great on one individual image.
P
Phosphor
Apr 20, 2008
This may be the problem:

7. Go to the File Menu and choose Place. When the Place dialog opens, choose the watermark.psd that you saved when you created the watermark. Press Enter and the transparent watermark will be centered in the middle of your image.

How do you Batch that?

I have a similar Action that I’ve used, but instead of Place it Pastes. All you have to do is have the watermark on the Clipboard before running the Action.
CB
Cynthia_Baldauf
Apr 20, 2008
Ed, Thanks for your reply, in the meantime, I turned off all the check marks in the menu that comes up after I click on Place. Now everything is working. Whew!! Here is how I do it.(I unclicked the override buttons)…Thanks for your help

Watermarking Using Batch Processing
Go to File > Automate > Batch.
In the Play section, select Set: Default Actions and Action: Watermarking.

Under Source, select Folder and Choose: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\Images to Watermark\. Click Override Action “Open” Commands and Suppress Color Profile Warnings.

Under Destination, select Folder and Choose: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\Watermarked Images. Click the Override Action “Save As” Commands.

For File Naming I use Document Name + extension. Starting serial#: 1 and check compatibility for Windows, Mac OS and Unix.

In the Errors box: Stop for Errors.

Clicking OK will begin the batch process.

Once you are finished and have uploaded your images, you can just delete the watermarked copies. Leave the folders and watermark.psd in place so that you can use the action and batch processing again and again

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections