How do you paint in photoshop? What tablet would you recommend…

HV
Posted By
hans_ventsta
Apr 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
to paint using the pen? (WACOM?) is that what its called?

Hans V
———————
<http://www.skoogo.com>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Apr 20, 2008
Wacom is it. But I’m not sure what you mean by painting in Photoshop. It can be done, but you might want a program like Painter, depending on what you are trying to do.
LR
leanna_ryan
Apr 20, 2008
I would definitely recommend a wacom tablet. i have one myself and it’s fantastic. Mine was around £130 and came free with a program called painter, which gives really realistic brush strokes. But you can also use photoshop for ‘painting’
Get a tablet! you won’t regret it
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 20, 2008
My choice is also a Wacom. Got an ancient Graphire 2, still going strong, but I’ll be using a wide screen Intuos soon.

The Intuos is bigger, enabling better accuracy, and it has more levels of pressure sensitivity.

Rob
R
rhawkins
Apr 20, 2008
Definately Wacom…
P
Phosphor
Apr 20, 2008
I have the smallest Graphire3 that they made, and it works great. 512 levels of sensitivity, which is enough for all but the most demanding users. And the small size is nice…takes up very little room on my desk. Would I prefer a larger tablet, or even a Cintiq? Prefer…maybe not. But having them in addition to the small one? Yeah.

But what Rob left out is something worth considering, that is: even though a tablet may be small, never forget that you can zoom in, inside of your Photoshop document; that covers almost any accuracy/resolution issues you may come up against.
TM
Tiz Me
Apr 20, 2008
I have a Wacom Intuos 3. pressure sensitive and angle sensitive and i love it. Once usinh one of these you would never use a mouse for painting.
If you would like to see something completely hand painted in a few hours I will post my link to a portrait I did a little while back. (Done like a traditional oil paintng)
There is a bit of freehand digital on there. Go get a Wacom – spoil yourself! 🙂 You don’t need a big one, mine is 4.5×5.5 but an IT mate of mine tells me there is a screen one on the market now that is not that much dearer. I think I would still use a tablet the traditional way, watching a monitor though unless it was a large panel. http://kayleenwest.blogspot.com/2007/09/photoshop-portrait.h tml
LP
leo.p
Apr 29, 2008
a wacom will satisfy everybody’s needs so mst likely it’s good for you, too. The others may be better suited for specific needs so if you’ll provide us with more details will be able to guide you better.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections