MT
Posted By
Mindy_Thomas
Apr 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What would be the easiest way to make a picture not blurry?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 17, 2008
Hold the camera steady and shoot with a small aperture?
MT
Mindy_Thomas
Apr 17, 2008
I mean editing it in Photoshop
JT
John_T_Smith
Apr 17, 2008
Version CS3 User Guide Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Retouching and transforming

Then, section on Retouching and repairing images

Or, section on Correcting image distortion and noise

Or, section on Adjusting image sharpness and blur

The user guide is a PDF on the install disc, or available as a download from Adobe
MT
Mindy_Thomas
Apr 17, 2008
I have Photoshop 7 and I am using the user guide. I’m going to Filter, Sharpen, Unsharp Mask and I have been playing with the values but I don’t see any improvements. Here’s the picture I want to adjust
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1N0gUwZJnqHiNBKLxH HYyTcLEWDpN>
TH
Trez_Hane
Apr 17, 2008
Mindy, I don’t think even the CSI version of Photoshop could fix that picture. The camera was obviously jiggled (look at the highlight in the baby’s eye) and probably out of focus to boot. Take another picture using a tripod or bounce flash. Or clone out the highlight and apply a "painting" effect.

Trez
J
jcates
Apr 17, 2008
How much does the CSI version cost anyway?
😉
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 18, 2008
There’s some really nasty jagged motion blur; the exposure was about 1/5 second, which undoubtedly contributed to the motion blur. Focus Magic can help with motion blur, but not when it’s jagged and this much. I also tried a few other tricks, but no good results.
TH
Trez_Hane
Apr 18, 2008
Rumor has it that it will be made publicly available right after they fix printing in CS3 and finish polishing up Bridge.
Price TBA. :^)
MT
Mindy_Thomas
Apr 18, 2008
thanks for trying
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 18, 2008
it’s doubtful, but sometimes one of the channels (red, green or blue) might be in better condition than the composite (the mix of all the channels). you’d only wind up with a greyscale pic, but have you looked at the channels to see if one is in decent shape?
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 20, 2008
That picture is trash (sorry baby!) Any attempts to improve the faults already mentioned will result in a totally artificial effect.

Put the picture in a safe place and wait for Photoshop CSI to be announced.

Don’t hold your breath.
BO
Burton_Ogden
Apr 20, 2008
Mindy,

This image post didn’t work quite right. See the next message.

— Burton —
BO
Burton_Ogden
Apr 20, 2008
Mindy,

The advice to focus the camera and hold the camera steady is by far the best solution to this problem. You can do some with Focus Magic and other Photoshop tools, but they can’t work miracles. This small image shows the limitations.

< http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/MaineMan/Experimental /blurrybaby.jpg>

— Burton —

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections