RT
Posted By
Rudy_Taege
Apr 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can open one file fine. As soon as I try to open a second document, so that I have 2 files open at the same time, it crashes. It can be anything, from a .PSD to a plain .jpg.

It started after I installed 3ds max 2009. I’ve uninstalled it, and I still have the photoshop problem. Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JT
John_T_Smith
Apr 16, 2008
started after I installed 3ds max 2009. I’ve uninstalled it, and I still have the photoshop problem

Just as a GUESS, I will say that the uninstall did not put the Registry back the way it was, and something in the Registry is confusing Photoshop

Have you run a Registry cleaner?
RT
Rudy_Taege
Apr 16, 2008
no, I have not. I’m not too familiar with what registry cleaners are or how they work actually.

As a side note, I just noticed it crashes when I create 2 new documents too, not just on the open command.
JT
John_T_Smith
Apr 16, 2008
Do a Google for Macecraft jv16… when I was looking for a tool and reading reviews, it was highly rated, and the cost is reasonable

There are, of course, other tools
PF
Paul_Fresty
May 15, 2008
This exact same thing started happening to me 2 days ago. I did not install any new software that would have done what is described above. My Photoshop just all of a sudden decided that it wont open 2 files without crashing. this sounds like a BUG to me.
RT
Rudy_Taege
May 15, 2008
I’ve actually figured out what was causing this, and Photoshop is running fine for me now.

If you have any network printers selected as your default printer, deselect it. It appears that having a network printer as your default printer is what causes this.

This fixed the problem for me, I know it sounds wierd, but it worked. Other people have experienced this same problem and this solution has worked for them as well.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections