J
Posted By
jsmithcsi
Apr 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bert Monroy is great! But I am heading to the CRE8 Conference in Florida instead. By the way, I grew up in Camp Hill, PA, and lived in Lancaster too…is this the Central Pennsylvania Forum?
I now live in Boston, and like to only visit! By the way, there are more graphic arts jobs up this way 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Apr 16, 2008
Where’d you go to High School, JSmith? What year did you graduate?

Me: CVHS, ’77. Been in Lancaster since ’94.
J
jsmithcsi
Apr 16, 2008
Camp Hill High School, 1980. Lived in Lancaster about 10 years ago. In fact I started our company AGI Training in Granite Run Drive.
Lancaster is a surprisingly "happening" place!
P
Phosphor
Apr 16, 2008
Camp Hill HS, ehhh?

I’m good pals with Shea Quinn, and used to share a house with his brother (now deceased) Shawn.

"Lancaster is a surprisingly "happening" place!"

Well, if you can look beyond this county’s right wing, Bible-Belt-of-PA reputation. The Chameleon Club’s pretty cool, our 4 year old Minor League baseball team is doing well, and there’s a lot of history to explore, but Lancaster’s got a long way to go before I’d call it "happening." Right now, Harrisburg’s the more deserving of the two for that description.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 16, 2008
_but Lancaster’s got a long way to go before I’d call it "happening." Right now, Harrisburg’s the more deserving of that description.

and don’t forget scranton! hmm… ok. forget scranton! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Apr 16, 2008
At least you have well-attended Dunder-Mifflin fanfests!

🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 17, 2008
When I left school in Indiana, I considered a job with Allen Organs in Macungie, near Allentown. (It seemed curious that a company named Allen Organs was in Macungie and not Allentown!)

They paid so poorly it became out of the question, although they were #1 in electronic organs.

Today, I think it is Rogers Organ in Oregon, a spinoff of Tektronix.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections