JC
Posted By
Jon_Cohen
Apr 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on a project, and I want to open another file (perhaps to drag it into said project). So I go to the Bridge and I double-click on the file, and it opens up, taking up the whole workspace like it should. HOWEVER, when I click the downsize button (to make it a smaller movable window) it makes it a smaller window in the top left corner, but I can’t move it and I can’t see my other project that’s supposedly behind it. I have to maximize it, and then totally minimize it to see whatever is behind it.

Sometimes something really weird happens (I don’t know if it’s because I did something different or not). When I click the downsize button, the window totally disappears. No smaller window, no bar at the bottom. I can still see the document in the Navigator, however. To get it back, I usually just quickly create a new document, then exit out of it, and my original project that I was working on is back again.

I would really like to be able to just click that downsize button to have multiple movable smaller windows so I can easily drag stuff from one project to another.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CY
curt_young
Apr 15, 2008
If you go to Windows>Cascade you should get what you want.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections