MZ
Posted By
Max_Zauner
Apr 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is nothing wrong with the serial number or the cd’s. It is my opinion that Adobe has stopped activation on all CS2 licenses. After the installation and registration online the software sends for a knod from Adobes system which it denies. Thats why everthing goes fine thru the install and registration up until you try and use it the first time. This issue is all over the net on hundreds of forums. If you call the rep they tell you its the serial number is bad. Its my opinion that its only bad because Adobe doesnt want to activate it. They want to to buy the newer CS3. I bought a legal unopened factory sealed CS2 photoshop and got stopped dead in my tracks. Adobe has gotten too big and doesnt care about its babies they made that havent found a home yet, still on a shelf. They dont care about their customers either.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 15, 2008
I bought a legal unopened factory sealed CS2 photoshop and got stopped dead in my tracks

from where?

It is my opinion that Adobe has stopped activation on all CS2 licenses.

sorry, you can opine all you want about it but you’re wrong. my copy works.
BL
Bob Levine
Apr 15, 2008
And I’m confident that those people bought illegal, though very real looking, copies of the software. You get what you pay for when buying software on eBay and Adobe has no obligation to help you out here.

I activated CS2 not all that long ago after formatting a machine. So, if you’re posting here because you’re a victim of fraud, I suggest reporting it to the seller, who may well be a victim also, and to your credit card company.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 15, 2008
Its my opinion that its only bad because Adobe doesn’t want to activate it.

That may be your opinion, but it is bad. Adobe maintains activation of all the older versions of CS. People are continually having to reactivate, and have no problem doing so (though it is a pain).

And I suspect that if you found a copy of Photoshop back as far as 5 or 6, I’ll bet you can still register it (if the number is legit). Adobe wants registered users, so they can promo them when an upgrade comes out.
CH
chris_halskov
Apr 26, 2008
I recently had the same problem, however I found a solution (which will only work if you have a legitimate copy). It would appear that some virus protection software will block the license managr, leading to this error. To overcome the issue, add
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2
(or wherever you installed the program) to your virus scanner exclusion list (specifically to your script blocker exclusion list). Hope this helps!
C
Celcius
Apr 26, 2008
<Bob Levine> wrote in message
And I’m confident that those people bought illegal, though very real looking, copies of the software. You get what you pay for when buying software on eBay and Adobe has no obligation to help you out here.
I activated CS2 not all that long ago after formatting a machine. So, if you’re posting here because you’re a victim of fraud, I suggest reporting it to the seller, who may well be a victim also, and to your credit card company.
Hi Bob!
This thread prompts me to ask a double question.
I was given a new copy of Photoshop CS2 a few years ago, which I installed on my computer after de-installing Photoshop CS, omitting the de-activation of CS.
First. Am I allowed to give my copy of CS? (I want to give it to my son). Second. Since I didn’t de-activate it, will he be able to activate it? If not, what would be a solution?
Thanks.
Marcel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections