JC
Posted By
James Colbert
Apr 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does one move the ‘icon dock’ in CS3 (the dock that stays in the upper left corner of the work space)? I can move the icons/panels in and out of it and place them anywhere I like, but the icon dock seems fixed. I can’t seem to find anything in the documentation.

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 16, 2008
"James Colbert" wrote in message
How does one move the ‘icon dock’ in CS3 (the dock that stays in the upper left corner of the work space)? I can move the icons/panels in and out of it and place them anywhere I like, but the icon dock seems fixed. I can’t seem to find anything in the documentation.

Thanks!
James
Never found a way to do this, upper left is the default location. If it is a problem just drag the palettes that you want out and turn the others off.
This will clear the upper left area.
You should then be able to save this workspace.
You can also hide them all with Tab (tools +palettes) and Shift+tab, just the palettes.
When you want the old one back go Workspace>Default Workspace on the Options bar.

TWK
JC
James Colbert
Apr 17, 2008
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message

Thanks!
James
Never found a way to do this, upper left is the default location. If it is a problem just drag the palettes that you want out and turn the others off.
You can also hide them all with Tab (tools +palettes) and Shift+tab, just the palettes.
When you want the old one back go Workspace>Default Workspace on the Options bar.

Actually, I meant the dock in the upper right corner (History, Layers, Brushes, etc.), but it’s likely your response applies to that one as well. I know I can drag the panels out, but I like the ability to clcik on what I need, one panel at a time. Unfortunately, that cornere is often blocked by my screen in screen, so that I can’t get to the pallette behind. That aspect seems poorly thought out, but I guess you can’t have it all :).

Thanks for your response,
James
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 17, 2008
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message

Thanks!
James

Actually, I meant the dock in the upper right corner (History, Layers, Brushes, etc.), but it’s likely your response applies to that one as well. I know I can drag the panels out, but I like the ability to clcik on what I need, one panel at a time. Unfortunately, that cornere is often blocked by my screen in screen, so that I can’t get to the pallette behind. That aspect seems poorly thought out, but I guess you can’t have it all :).
Thanks for your response,
James
Whoops! Upper right corner, so did I ;(

TWK

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections