Maximized Window View Bug?

Posted By
Mar 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Or perhaps this is behavior I’ve just not noticed before?

Photoshop CS3 10.0.1
Windows Vista

Open two images that are large enough to not fit on your monitor at 100% view.

Maximize both windows. (Do not use F to change to Fullscreen, just maximize the windows.)

Set both to 100% (CTRL-ALT-0)

Use the hand tool to move to another position in the first image. Make sure that Scroll All Windows is NOT turned on.

Switch to the second image. At this point you can use the hand tool to move around, or not. It doesn’t seem to affect the outcome.

Switch back to the first image. Notice that it is now not viewing the same portion of the image as you set it to before you switched. I would expect the view to remain the same, there is no reason for Photoshop to reposition the image in the window just because I switched to a different document.

Note that if I perform the same steps, but in either of the two Fullscreen modes, the view position remains as I left it.

Additionally, if I run this test in Fullscreen mode and then switch back to Maximized, sometimes the windows will behave as they did in Fullscreen mode (i.e. not repositioning), but sometimes they go back to the odd behavior.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CY
curt_young
Mar 20, 2008
By any chance do you have 2 monitors? On my setup Bridge has the strange property of having multiple layers beneath in when in maximize mode, so the preview is not viable until you get to the bottom layer.
Mar 20, 2008
Hi Curt-

No, just a single monitor here.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections