DM
Posted By
dylan_matveev
Mar 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
would like to know what are the supported video formats that photoshop cs3 can open, i tryed mov and it said couldent open file, avi and nstc and they all said the samething so can anyone tell me the supported video formats?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Charley
Mar 18, 2008
wrote in message
would like to know what are the supported video formats that photoshop cs3
can open, i tryed mov and it said couldent open file, avi and nstc and they all said the samething so can anyone tell me the supported video formats?

Photoshop is a photo editor, not a movie editor. If you want to edit one frame of a movie then it’s OK, but a movie, as such, cannot be edited with Photoshop.
JT
John_T_Smith
Mar 18, 2008
Photoshop is a PICTURE editor, not a VIDEO editor

Adobe Premiere is used to edit video, or Premiere Elements if you want to spend less money
CB
charles badland
Mar 18, 2008
MPEG1 and 4, MOV and AVI are supported if you have Photoshop CS3 Extended.
C
Cooter
Mar 18, 2008
I think you are mistaken. There is a procedure for doing so and I have done it, but don’t remember the details. Try File > Import > Video frames to layers and see where that goes. You will need a fairly current version of QuickTime installed for this to work. PS apparently will import .mov files because that’s what I shoot, and that’s what QuickTime displays.

"Charley" wrote in message
wrote in message
would like to know what are the supported video formats that photoshop cs3
can open, i tryed mov and it said couldent open file, avi and nstc and they
all said the samething so can anyone tell me the supported video formats?

Photoshop is a photo editor, not a movie editor. If you want to edit one frame of a movie then it’s OK, but a movie, as such, cannot be edited with Photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections