WJ
Posted By
webb_jonathan
Mar 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
so i opened my psd and realized that a while back i had made a smart object from the wrong layers. (my point is that i dont have an ‘undo’ option in my history).
So how can i remove this smart object – i want my layers back. (oh, and i do NOT want them rasterized!)
thanks, J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Support
Mar 17, 2008
Webb,
– Double-click the smart object to open it as a separate document – Select all the layers in the Layers palette and drag them onto the source document’s window – Delete the smart object
WJ
webb_jonathan
Mar 17, 2008
yeah, thats what i did in the end.
Thanks for your reply.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 18, 2008
Yes there should be a way to do this in a automated way – to embed the layers of Smart Object into the master document. It could resample the layers to the resolution and color mode of the master document, with a suitable warning.
WJ
webb_jonathan
Mar 18, 2008
agree. wasted much time trying to ‘undo’ the smart object (as i said, i no longer had the history of the action)

also noticed that i could not simply add the layers i wanted (to the smart object). when i tried, the layers from the original were much smaller in the s.o. and resizing caused quality degradation – hence the need to turn off s.o. and start again.

Maybe in cs4 ??

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections