MH
Posted By
Marlene_Hochberg
Mar 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I swear I’ll never save a Photoshop file as EPS again. I never did get that file open.

But your comment about the hard edge that a clipping path provides made me think (and zoom in on the clipping path at a zillion percent in ID). That edge DID look hard and sawtoothed.

I ended up creating picture frames in ID that "clipped" the images as necessary, but that technique won’t always work.

If I had left the PS clipping path intact, would it have actually printed out with the hard jagged edge? I suppose I could print it out on my LaserJet and possibly answer my own question …

Marlene

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Mar 14, 2008
I swear I’ll never save a Photoshop file as EPS again.

Good call especially since you don’t need to.

If I had left the PS clipping path intact, would it have actually printed out with the hard jagged edge?

Depends on the path. If it was created with beziers and the curves were smooth it would print out properly on the right equipment.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections