Iinstalling Creative Suite over older versions or not?

P
Posted By
pheasant
Feb 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I have the following Adobe ‘stand-alone’ programs on my XP PC Lightroom 1.2
Photoshop CS2
Premiere Pro 2
….and a few others such as Image Ready CS2, Bridge, Stock Photos, Photoshop Elements 4 & Premiere Elements 2

I have recently purchased the Creative Suite CS3 that comes with about a dozen top-end Adobe programs including Photoshop CS3 & Premiere CS3 and wondered if there was any particular way to install it?

I do not want to keep the older versions but do not know whether the installer will remove the older versions first, install over the top or leave the earlier versions in situ.

Has anybody else been through this procedure or does anybody know the best way to proceed with the install of Creative Suite CS3 please?

I am guessing it will leave the existing data such as videos, projects etc. in place?

I am guessing that I will then have to re-install of my plug-ins such as SmartSound etc.

Thanks & regards,
-pp-

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SM
Stephen Muratore
Feb 27, 2008
The CS3 installer will not uninstall nor write over the earlier versions. Since you don’t want to keep them on your computer, you will need to uninstall them via their own uninstallers. In Windows, use the Add Or Remove Programs Control Panel. Uninstalling these will leave any source and project files in place, as you suspected. To start with a clean slate, uninstall your plugins as well as their CS2/version 2 host apps. Then, after installing (and updating) CS3, you will indeed have to re-install any plugins that are supported by CS3 apps.
———-

"Pheasant Plucker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections