CS3 Re-Install: CD drive not seeing CD. Help!

D
Posted By
Dinarius
Feb 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having problems with palettes disappearing and going blank and image windows going completely white. So, I have decided to do a fresh installation of CS3.

I have uninstalled both CS2 and CS3 and I want to re-install just CS3.

However, when I insert the CD in the drive nothing happens on the screen. If I browse to the drive, it asks me to insert a CD! ;-(

The drive detects the CS2 no problem as well as any other CD I insert, but not the CS3 CD.

What can I do?

Many thanks.

D.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

OB
Old Black Joe
Feb 23, 2008
wrote in
news::

I am having problems with palettes disappearing and going blank and image windows going completely white. So, I have decided to do a fresh installation of CS3.

I have uninstalled both CS2 and CS3 and I want to re-install just CS3.
However, when I insert the CD in the drive nothing happens on the screen. If I browse to the drive, it asks me to insert a CD! ;-(
The drive detects the CS2 no problem as well as any other CD I insert, but not the CS3 CD.

What can I do?

Many thanks.

D.

If the setup icon doesn’t work after clicking on it
then it’s a faulty CD
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 23, 2008
It’s a DVD, not a CD.

Bob
D
Dinarius
Feb 23, 2008
Sorted!

For the record…….

My laptop had no problem reading the CD, only the desktop.

Then I tried the DVD drive. Bingo! I was able to re-install CS3.

D.
D
Dinarius
Feb 23, 2008
Bob,

Just saw your message.

Silly me! 😉

D.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections