E
Posted By
E._King
Feb 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Most frustrating problem ever: When I go to the print menu, and have my Scale to Fit Media box checked, everything is a-ok. Document is sized perfectly as expected. When I switch to print on my color printer, the document automatically switches to landscape mode (even though the selector under the preview is on Portrait still). The document is now all distorted and stretched out horizontally. I don’t understand what is causing the document to change from a portrait, properly formated mode, to a landscape distorted doc.
Any advice? Thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Feb 4, 2008
It would help if you mentioned the printers concerned!

Also OS, Photoshop version (and more information on what you are doing).
E
E._King
Feb 4, 2008
Of course it would! It slipped my mind at the end of the message. Using CS3 on Windows. Have an HP LaserJet 3300 that is B/W and printing fine. When I switch to my Minolta Magicolor, the distortion begins.
Not sure what additional info on what I’m doing I can provide. The problem occurs when changing from one printer to another in the Print Dialog box. Does this help?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 5, 2008
Have you made sure that the Minolta driver is set to portrait mode? Not just the Photoshop print window and/or page setup have set that, but the driver itself? (Click on printer Properties after selecting printer.)
RK
Ronald Keller
Feb 5, 2008
The distortion bug was addressed in the Photoshop 10.0.1 patch. Sadly not all printer bugs are gone but you can use your Minolta again. I too have a Minolta Magicolor and the distortion occurred when printing at other than 600×600 resolution. As I said the 10.0.1 patch took care of this problem but it still is far from perfect…

Ronald
E
E._King
Feb 5, 2008
Yes, you are very correct. The patch does indeed correct this problem, but I suspect it is creating some other issues. Thanks for your help Ronald, you’ve solved the mystery!
RK
Ronald Keller
Feb 6, 2008
You’re welcome.

Ronald

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections