Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello
i am working very good with my nikon nef files,
but i have a friend that works with the canon eos 10d,
and has some problems opening the crw files from canon,
somebody knows if camera raw plugin opens those files?
i have seen the list of supported cameras and i dont see the canon 10d, but i thought those crw files were the same as other supported canon models.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris Cox
Oct 20, 2003
The Adobe Camera RAW 1.0 plugin does not support the 10D (although it can with some well documented hacking).

The Camera RAW 2.0 plugin that comes with Photoshop CS does support the 10D, and many other recent cameras.

As for the files being the same: No, every RAW file has information specific to the camera model it is created by. The plugin code has to be changed to support new cameras, and each camera model needs it’s own color calibration.

Chris

In article <bmuntr$gfp$>, RBB
wrote:

hello
i am working very good with my nikon nef files,
but i have a friend that works with the canon eos 10d,
and has some problems opening the crw files from canon,
somebody knows if camera raw plugin opens those files?
i have seen the list of supported cameras and i dont see the canon 10d, but i thought those crw files were the same as other supported canon models.

F
Flycaster
Oct 20, 2003
"Chris Cox" wrote in message
The Adobe Camera RAW 1.0 plugin does not support the 10D (although it can with some well documented hacking).

The Camera RAW 2.0 plugin that comes with Photoshop CS does support the 10D, and many other recent cameras.

As for the files being the same: No, every RAW file has information specific to the camera model it is created by. The plugin code has to be changed to support new cameras, and each camera model needs it’s own color calibration.

Chris

Chris, does Adobe plan on making patches available for this plug-in as new cameras hit the market? I know you folks shouldn’t have to do it, but perhaps you could "nudge" the camera manufacturers to supply profiles for these devices as they come out. After that, it would seem to be fairly simple, no?

All I’m thinking here is that code hacking doesn’t really do any good service to anyone, especially with an incorrect profile.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
G
gooch
Oct 23, 2003
wouldn’t it be wiser to get the manufacturers to come out with a raw standard???
"Flycaster" wrote in message

Chris

Chris, does Adobe plan on making patches available for this plug-in as new cameras hit the market? I know you folks shouldn’t have to do it, but perhaps you could "nudge" the camera manufacturers to supply profiles for these devices as they come out. After that, it would seem to be fairly simple, no?

All I’m thinking here is that code hacking doesn’t really do any good service to anyone, especially with an incorrect profile.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
J
Jimmy
Oct 23, 2003
"gooch" wrote in message
wouldn’t it be wiser to get the manufacturers to come out with a raw standard???

About as easy as getting them to standardize lens mountings – slim to none.
XT
xalinai_Two
Oct 23, 2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:23:36 -0500, "gooch" wrote:

What good would that do for the manufacturer?
Why would they want you to be able to exchange your files?

Bad chance.

Michael

"Flycaster" wrote in message

Chris

CC
Chris Cox
Oct 27, 2003
In article <3f9332f8$>, Flycaster
wrote:

Chris

Chris, does Adobe plan on making patches available for this plug-in as new cameras hit the market?

Yes, Adobe will be releasing updates for Camera RAW 2.0 as new cameras become available. But Camera RAW 2.0 only works with Photoshop CS.

Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections