C
Posted By
Conan
Oct 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you use the background eraser? Is there an advantage to using it instead of using the lasso tool to select a background and then to simply cut it out? Thanks. I’m new to Photoshop.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
John McGerr
Oct 19, 2003
The ideal way to use the eraser is to have one layer on top of another then on the top layer you erase parts of it to let the background show through. I used it recently with an outline of a map of my parish, placed over an aerial photo of my hometown. I erased the ‘middle’ of the map and the town image showed through. It’s also useful for montages.
John McGerr
"Conan" wrote in message
How do you use the background eraser? Is there an advantage to using it instead of using the lasso tool to select a background and then to simply cut it out? Thanks. I’m new to Photoshop.

JM
John McGerr
Oct 19, 2003
The ideal way to use the eraser is to have one layer on top of another then on the top layer you erase parts of it to let the background show through. I used it recently with an outline of a map of my parish, placed over an aerial photo of my hometown. I erased the ‘middle’ of the map and the town image showed through. It’s also useful for montages.
John McGerr
"Conan" wrote in message

R
ralford
Oct 19, 2003
Just lurk’n but thanks. Little isites like this make lurking worthwhile.

Cheers,

rma

"John McGerr" wrote in message
The ideal way to use the eraser is to have one layer on top of another
then
on the top layer you erase parts of it to let the background show through.
I
used it recently with an outline of a map of my parish, placed over an aerial photo of my hometown. I erased the ‘middle’ of the map and the town image showed through. It’s also useful for montages.
John McGerr
"Conan" wrote in message
How do you use the background eraser? Is there an advantage to using it instead of using the lasso tool to select a background and then to
simply
cut it out? Thanks. I’m new to Photoshop.

E
Eliska
Oct 19, 2003
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:21:21 +0100, "John McGerr" wrote:

The ideal way to use the eraser is to have one layer on top of another then on the top layer you erase parts of it to let the background show through. I used it recently with an outline of a map of my parish,

Church parish or are you from Louisiana?
JM
John McGerr
Oct 20, 2003
I’m from Ireland, the parish is a church parish, and the map idea was for a cover for a book we’re doing on our parish history, committee weren’t keen on it so back to the drawing board!
John
"Eliska" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:21:21 +0100, "John McGerr" wrote:

The ideal way to use the eraser is to have one layer on top of another
then
on the top layer you erase parts of it to let the background show
through. I
used it recently with an outline of a map of my parish,

Church parish or are you from Louisiana?
NE
no_email
Nov 4, 2003
Do you find this newsgroup better than PS help for answering how-to questions?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:03:25 -0400, "Conan"
wrote:

Smeltsmoke

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections