PF
Posted By
Peter F
Jan 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m certain this is an ongoing subject but as I only read the group infrequently I need to ask. My new system build is in need of a dual output video card. I have been a Matrox user since the G200 days (remember those 🙂 and currently use a Parhelia AGP. The new board is PCIe of course and in looking at Adobe CS3 recommended list I see no Matrox listing at all. I do see a listing of ATI’s FireGL 3300 (or above) and am willing to try this one but need to know if the card is capable of dual lut’s for calibration. My current Matrox is, but I can find no listing on ATI’s site or anywhere else of this on the FireGL’s. Has anyone in the group made this switch and can share their experiences. My only concern is color calibration/print matching and not gaming or anything of this sort. My Parhelia is admittedly a bit slow to refresh two 1600 x 1200 monitors sometimes but the colors are worth the aggravation for me. If a different card can look as good and refresh a little faster, I’d like to give it a try. Thanks in advance…

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections