Posted By
KingRay3
Jan 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I am in the process of creating a web page which will include embedded images and textually zoned images from PDFs.

I am currently performing the following processes to extract and zone images.

1. embedded images are extracted and saved in native jpeg settings.
2. textual images are zoned and saved at 300 ppi.
3. embedded images and textual images that are processed at >=300ppi are reduced to 38% by resizing the image to 96 ppi and are the images being used for web display. This is to ensure that the image will display properly on a standard resolution monitor.
4. embedded images that are <300ppi are not reduced and are displayed on the web with their native jpeg settings.

Does anyone have advice as to the above process? Should I be processing images differently? I would like to accomplish the best quality image captured, in addition to being able to display the image in a web browser properly (image not being too large or two small for viewing on a standard resolution monitor).

Should I be capturing the embedded images differently? What would get me the best result?

Thank You

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections