Posted By
Paul_Yarnall
Jan 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Jan 8, 2008
It’s hard to say.

A nod’s as good’s a wink to a blind bat.
PY
Paul_Yarnall
Jan 8, 2008
Sorry, I managed to accidentally post before I got to the message….

Lets say you want to select a narrow vertial section of an image for the purpose of printing it, say as a test strip. You make the selection and tap ctrl P. In the print dialogue box, you check "print selection" and "show boundaries". (You have already selected the paper and size in printer preferences).

First, I would expect that only the part of the image inside the selected area would be shown in the preview, and second, with the boundaries shown you can typically move the image around to place the image where ever you want on the paper, (after unchecking "center image").

Neither thing happens. The entire image is displayed in preview and attempts to move the selected area on the print are erratic and certainly do not correspond to the position it was dragged to on the resulting print. Seems like a bug to me or am I missing something?

Thanks for any comments.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 8, 2008
You need to crop it to the strip dimensions, not select. Dupe the image and crop it.

Or if you do select, I believe the next step would be to cut. I never use that, but it seems correct. Someone else here can validate that.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections