PP
Posted By
Patti_Pike
Jan 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings. I am new to Photoshop. I am trying to learn to edit photos to make them into certificates of achievement for my students. I wanted to insert type into the photo. Watched a number of videos from lynda.com and it seems quite simple and straightforward. However, when I click on the type tool and draw and drag for a box, no cursor appears. I can type, but nothing appears on the screen. I have fooled with the color settings for type, but all to no avail. However, whatever I type appears on the layer panel, but is not visible on the screen. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much. Your friend, Patti Pike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 4, 2008
Maybe you are typing the same color as your document, like white on white. if so,click on the color box in the type options and choose another color.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 4, 2008
check the ppi of the image. make sure it’s around 72 (for screen work). image> image size.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jan 4, 2008
If these are for printed certificates they need to be 200 ppi at least.

Your type tool may have acquired some strange settings and these "stick" between sessions. Open the Character Palette and reset the Type Tool from the drop-down menu here:

<http://imageshack.us>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections