M
Posted By
maurice
Oct 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to make a composite photo made up from several individual jpg’s?? I tried the contact function in Automate but it’s not what I want. If not Photoshop what software??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LL
Leo Lichtman
Oct 21, 2009
"maurice" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a composite photo made up from several individual jpg’s?? I tried the contact function in Automate but it’s not what I want. If not Photoshop what software??
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don’t know what "contact function" is, but I make composites all the time, using various techniques, such as cloning, selecting and pasting, layering and erasing. It would help if you described a typical project you want to do.
M
maurice
Oct 22, 2009
My wife and I grow roses and I would like to make composite pictures of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a rose family that would be in one composite jpg instead of having 4 different pictures. The composite enables the viewer to see the similarities in each family of roses. BYW, I use Win XP and my 2 vieweres of choice are ACDSEE andPhotoshop.

Loring

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:54:21 -0700, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don’t know what "contact function" is, but I make composites all the time, using various techniques, such as cloning, selecting and pasting, layering and erasing. It would help if you described a typical project you want to do.
LL
Leo Lichtman
Oct 22, 2009
"maurice" wrote: (clip) I would like to make composite pictures
of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a rose family that would be in one composite (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay–how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for example, a blurred rose garden.

Would that work for you?
M
maurice
Oct 22, 2009
Leo
Yes, but I am thinking of a piece of software I use to have ( it was comething like Compu ????? something and making a composite was so simple. I have to do a bunch of these for a presentation on roses for my wife and I want to keep it simple… Oh well. guess I’ll do some searching. Thank you for your time and consideration

Loring

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:24:14 -0700, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a rose family that would be in one composite (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay–how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for example, a blurred rose garden.

Would that work for you?
B
Bill
Oct 22, 2009
Maybe you could use the collage feature? From organizer choose the pictures you want to combine and then click create/collage. Follow the instructions to combine them into one and then you can save it as a jpeg. You can also save it as a Photoshop file if you want to come back later and edit it

Bill

Leo
Yes, but I am thinking of a piece of software I use to have ( it was comething like Compu ????? something and making a composite was so simple. I have to do a bunch of these for a presentation on roses for my wife and I want to keep it simple… Oh well. guess I’ll do some searching. Thank you for your time and consideration
Loring

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay–how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can
now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for example, a blurred rose garden.

Would that work for you?
S
Sonsdad
Oct 29, 2009
Bill wrote:
Maybe you could use the collage feature? From organizer choose the pictures you want to combine and then click create/collage. Follow the instructions to combine them into one and then you can save it as a jpeg. You can also save it as a Photoshop file if you want to come back later and edit it
Bill

Leo
Loring

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay–how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can
now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for example, a blurred rose garden.

Would that work for you?
I have just been looking at something from imikimi.com. It looks fairly simple and seems to be free. Perhaps it will do what you require. As always be careful as I have only had a quick glance at it.
A
akiraeomer
Apr 26, 2013
Maybe you could use the collage feature?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections