Posted By
Pete D
Oct 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi ,

I’m posting on behalf of a friend with PSE v6.

Looking at the target folders in Explorer , we noticed MANY files have duplicate copies eg . xxxx.jpg xxxx-1.jpg and are trying to find the ’cause’. We’re not sure if it’s something in PSE , or numbering in the camera itself…related to tagging or exactly what’s going on ?

I realise that program will make backup copies of files that are edited , but there are also files named xxxx-edited.jpg which have probably had red eye reduction or some other editing applied. They’re fine , it’s just the multitude of -1 files we’re not sure about. I suggested moving some of the files out of the target folders to see if PSE noticed they were missing ?

I did notice that when they were deleting files , in many cases they did NOT check the box to delete the files from the hard drive and only removed the files from the catalogue

The bottom line is that I’d like to know if there’s any function in PSE that would create xxx-1 files , or have they just imported their files twice perhaps ?

Many Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections