Posted By
jazu
Aug 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys.

I’m considering myself as below intermediate CS3 user. I need to fix my pictures that have been done in cloudy day and I’m not too hapy with the quality. Additionally pictures need cropping.

Clock is ticking for me, so I’m looking for help. I’m trying to do something on my own. I see some improvement, but I believe that it could be done much better. I need help from someone that is advanced photoshop user. If someone would like to help me, please email me at

I’d send you one RAW and one jpeg to work on.

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LL
Leo Lichtman
Aug 25, 2009
"jazu" wrote: I need to fix my
pictures that have been done in cloudy day and I’m not too hapy with the quality. Additionally pictures need cropping.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cropping is a trivial operation–do you really need help in that area? As for the main problem, I suggest you first use Levels to match the image contrast to the degree that’s just short of blocking the detail at both limits. Then play with the midtone contrast to see if you can improve things further. Then play with contrast and saturation to see whether you can improve things still further.

One technique I use on almost all my images is the following:
1.) Create a duplicate layer, and increase color saturation, brightness,
and contrast *too much.* That is, the image looks too rich and brilliant to be acceptable. Place this in a layer below the original layer. Then use the eraser on the original image, with low density and blurry edges, to gradually punch up the visual intensity of the image. You can do this in just the places where it will do you the most good, and only to the degree that looks okay and doesn’t go too far.

Finally, you can use the dodge and burn tools in local areas to increase local contast–like this: Set the dodge tool for Highlights, and lighten things like the foam at the crest of a wave. Then use the burn tool, set for shadows, to deepen the color of the water in the dark underside of the wave (for example.)

I frequently use this technique on hair, particularly women’s hair, to improve the "sparkle."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I will e-mail this to you also.
S
sligoNoSPAMjoe
Aug 26, 2009
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:44:08 -0700, "jazu"
wrote:

Hi guys.

I’m considering myself as below intermediate CS3 user. I need to fix my pictures that have been done in cloudy day and I’m not too hapy with the quality. Additionally pictures need cropping.

Clock is ticking for me, so I’m looking for help. I’m trying to do something on my own. I see some improvement, but I believe that it could be done much better. I need help from someone that is advanced photoshop user. If someone would like to help me, please email me at

I’d send you one RAW and one jpeg to work on.

Thank you.

This is an art form. The original exposure is part of the art, but also the post exposure work is also part of the art.

Stop by the book store and get a book on CS3 use and start playing. It will take a while. You learn by doing. It would be great if you had someone knowledgable to help you get started, but the books will do almost as well, just takes longer.

Good Luck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections