N
Posted By
neponset215
Jul 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have thousands of photos that I have organized on what is now Corel Photo Album (v.6). They each have an extensive number of keywords attached to them. If I get Elements will I be able to import those photos and the attached keywords? It would take forever to retag/add new keywords to all of them. Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bob AZ
Jul 9, 2009
On Jul 3, 2:54�pm, "neponset215"
wrote:
I have thousands of photos that I have organized on what is now Corel Photo Album (v.6). �They each have an extensive number of keywords attached to them. If I get Elements will I be able to import those photos and the attached keywords? It would take forever to retag/add new keywords to all of them. Thanks for your help.

Neponset215

Just a thought and it goes like this.

When I take a lot of pictures I download them to my computer from my camera and let the computer number the pictures. This is after I set or select the drive and/or the directory to which they are downloaded. I use a Microsoft downloader program to do this. (Can’t find the program right now but will later and send it on)

You might try putting your pictures on CDs or DVDs and let the computer think it is downloading from the CD or DVD drive. Maybe from an external hard drive. I believe the Microsoft program has an option to retain keep the file names that a camera or external device has already attached.

Bob AZ

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections