M
Posted By
mikeos
Jun 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Why am I never, uniquely, able to connect to the Adobe web site? This is a permanent state of affairs, and ONLY affects this site. I ALWAYS get a "page load error". Is there any solution?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WO
Worn Out Retread
Jun 15, 2009
If you are using IE8 try using Compatibility mode.

"mikeos" wrote in message
Why am I never, uniquely, able to connect to the Adobe web site? This is a permanent state of affairs, and ONLY affects this site. I ALWAYS get a "page load error". Is there any solution?
R
Rick
Jun 15, 2009
"Worn Out Retread" wrote in message

Works fine for me using IE8.
M
mikeos
Jun 16, 2009
Worn Out Retread wrote:

Thanks, but I use Firefox, and I’ve also tried Safari. No dice.

WO
Worn Out Retread
Jun 17, 2009
With all of the various security programs being used these days, perhaps one of them (if you have them installed) is blocking your access to the Adobe site. Firewalls can be bad for this type of behaviour.

Perhaps one of the following numbers might give you an answer:

Technical Support by phoneGet help for technical issues with products.

Adobe Reader technical support
Phone support for free Adobe Reader is offered only to customers who have purchased a support plan.

Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Professional technical support800-642-3623 Monday-Friday
6am-5pm(Pacific time)

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro technical support800-945-9120
Available 24 hours a day
7 days a week

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro In-Meeting Support800-422-3623 (800-42-ADOBE) Available 24 hours a day
7 days a week

A small number of products do not offer phone support. Check your product’s technical support options below.

Technical Support800-642-3623
Monday-Friday
6am-5pm(Pacific time)

Good Luck

Ron

Worn Out Retread wrote:

WO
Worn Out Retread
Jun 17, 2009
Here is a site that may provide an answer for you:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

Ron

Worn Out Retread wrote:

M
mikeos
Jun 17, 2009
Worn Out Retread wrote:
Here is a site that may provide an answer for you:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

that’s a great help, thanks Ron. Will report back.

Cheers
Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections