Posted By
samadams_2006
Mar 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice, and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LL
Leo Lichtman
Mar 11, 2009
wrote in message
Hello,

I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking directly to the side (ie: right of the page) but am not a very good artist.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IOW, you would like to make it into a profile?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I’d say no. As an experiment, I once did this with a picture of a motorcycle taken, at a 45 degree angle. I used the perspective tool to reshape the image so the wheels came out round. The rest of the motorcycle came out really wrong. The handlebar stretched way back over the seat. for example. The tires looked twisted–tread showed on one side, but not on the other. This is because the perspective tool cannot supply parts of the image that are hidden in the original, and it cannot alter what lies on each sight-line leading from the eye to the plane of the image. In your case, if the tip of the nose is in front of a point on one cheek, it will always line up that way no matter how you distort the image.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections