Please help! Urgent! Colour problem when viewing photo.

D
Posted By
DVB
Jan 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7, and have been for quite a long time. This problem has never occured before, and literally just happened one day.

When opening a photo in Photoshop, the quality of the colouring seems worse than when viewing it in the normal default Windows viewer.

I made this to illustrate the problem: (sorry about the rough proportions, made it quickly on paint)
< http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/daisyvb/psproblem.jpg> Where the arrows are pointing, you can see that the colour has gone blotchy rather than the smooth shading we’re seeing on Windows viewer. It seems to mainly only happen with brown and green shades.

I’d like to stress this problem doesn’t occur when saving the photos (thus reducing the quality), it happens simply upon viewing them in Photoshop.

I’d appreciate any help you can give. I really need these photos to look right, it’s for school work.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jan 1, 2008
sounds like a bad monitor profile.
SP
Sid_Phillips
Jan 2, 2008
The Photoshop image looks as if it’s been over sharpened. The "blotchy" area of the hair is what I call the "crunchies" that you get when sharpening too much.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections