BD
Posted By
Brett_Dalton
Jan 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A could of points… This is def not a problem with your harddrive. If it was your OS would be cracking it with error messages all over the place.

Secondly you mention it’s a 400D. What version of ACR are you using? have you tried to update it to the latest version? The type of corruption looks to be as the format isn’t being read correctly rather than out and out Data corruption. Too much of the image is intact, and the errors seem consistent between files from the description.

Also have you tried to use the Adobe DNG converter? take the Raw files through this and make the DNG’s and try to open these, it might fix the issue.

BRETT

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Silkrooster
Jan 1, 2008
Just a quick question, After you transfer your images via the card reader, Do you let the camera reformat the card?
I have had cards act up after pulling the card from the reader, Though this only happened once or twice.
Silk
B
Buko
Jan 1, 2008
Always reformat the card with the camera.
F
flippinwet
Jan 2, 2008
Brett, I agree that i dont think it is an issue with the HDD, I’ll try putting the images through the Adobe DNG converter and see what that does. Will check what version of ACR i have, just one question though 🙂 what is ACR.

Silkrooster, I dont let the camera reformat the card but will also give that a go (in camera Buko)

Will be out taking some photos over the next few days so i’ll put all this advice to good use and post an update here so that you can see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice
JJ
John_Joslin
Jan 2, 2008
You said:

I am using CS3 on XP and use Camera Raw to edit my pictures.

ACR = Adobe Camera Raw!
F
flippinwet
Jan 2, 2008
Of course! I am using Photoshop CS3 so i assume that the ACR is also CS3?
JJ
John_Joslin
Jan 2, 2008
ACR is on a different update cycle, to cater for new cameras as they are introduced. The current version is 4.3.1.

It pays to pop into the Camera Raw forum to keep abreast.
F
flippinwet
Jan 6, 2008
Hi,

I have loaded some photos directly into ACR and they are corrupt on entry. Therefore, suggests the photos are corrupt on the card or during transfer.

Next step is to change the load technique – i.e. direct from camrea rather than using card reader

also, reformatting the memory card.
JC
Jimmy_Chancey
Jan 7, 2008
Do a google search for SD card corrupt files. You will find many in the past had similar problems. Here is one posting I found: < http://www.edgetechcorp.com/support/products/digital-media/s ecure-digital-card/faqs/default.asp>

The fix was to format the card in the camera. Deleting files from the card via a card reader may contribute to this sort of problem. You might try formatting one of your cards, take a few test shots then see if they are corrupt when you try to transfer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections