M
Posted By
mgrant
Dec 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden I cannot edit layers in my Photoshop CS3. When I say "edit layers", I cant click on the box next to the edit options like Drop Shadow and Inner shadow from within the Layer Style Dialog Box.

I also cant modify the fill or general opacity, however I can change options like Knockout, Channels, and "Blend if" from within the Layer Style dialog box.

I restarted my PC and Restarted PS CS3. No good.

Please help.

—–

Photoshop CS3 Extended – 10.0.1
Windows XP
43.8 GB of free space
2.0 GB of RAM

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jan 1, 2008
"All of a sudden"

Usually a clue to Trash/Reset Preferences as per the FAQs.
M
mgrant
Jan 2, 2008
Great! Thanks for the fix. Its working now.

For anyone else having this problem. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start (or just before you start) Photoshop.

Then a dialog box comes up to prompt you to delete your current preferences. Hit, Ok. Your PS set up reverts, but it fixes the problem.
AS
Alan_Sandoval
Jan 7, 2008
I was having a different problem, on PS 7, Vista Home Premium. When I would select an area of a layer, click on ‘Fill’, the Eyedropper tool would become selected, and no ‘fill’ options would be available. All selections under File, Edit, Image, etc. would be grayed out. This was happening on two different PC’s. The above listed procedure cured it.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections