JA
Posted By
Jim Atkins
Jul 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The machine I am using is a MAC iMAC – intel dual processor, Tiger version 10.4.11, 2 gigs ram. The problem program is Photoshop elements

The Bridge feature was corrupt on my system. So I trashed the Bridge folder. My PE 4 program was working w/o the Bridge feature. Went to reinstall with my Photoshop disk. Can’t do it because there is a program already on the system is what the pop up box told me. Sooo…I trashed the Photoshop Elements 4 folder from the Applications area. By the way I rebooted after each trash session. Still could not reinstall program. Pop up box said program installed on system. Sooo…I went to the HD icon and open it. First time I have done this wasn’t sure if I did the right thing. Found the Photoshop 4 folder there and trashed it. Rebooted. This time it installed the program from the CD up to a point. Pop up box tells me "A file is missing" doesn’t complete set up. Now I have the program setting on my system but is not able to run. There are no icons anywhere to be found. But the program and its components are there on the HD. There is not an uninstaller on the CD. Is there an uninstaller that the MAC system has to uninstall programs or is there a 3rd party program that can be used/purchased to uninstall the program so I can reinstall it again .

What can I do to uninstall the program cleanly and do a reinstall with out screwing my MAC’s system up? Any help is appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

Jim A

—-== Posted via Pronews.Com – Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections