a couple keyboard shortcuts I found very usefull…

M
Posted By
michael
Dec 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was told I should share as I haven’t seen anyone else mention these shortcuts and they seem like a no-brainer and make masking easier:

Change the Brush tool decrease/increase size from the right and left bracket keys to the "A" and "S" keys. "A" for decrease and "S" for increase. That
way if your painting layer mask or need to change brush size for any other tool, you can just leave your left hand on the lower left of your keyboard the whole time. All the keys for masking/cloning, etc
(alt/Shift/X/D/Ctrl/A/S) are then right in the same area instead of having to lookup or lift your hand to the bracket keys to change the brush size. Add the Shift key for softness/hardness.
I realize it seems like a small difference but it really does make things easier!
Merry Christmas

Digital Artwork & Retouching
www.PixelKat.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Dec 27, 2007
"michael" wrote in message
I was told I should share as I haven’t seen anyone else mention these shortcuts and they seem like a no-brainer and make masking easier:
Change the Brush tool decrease/increase size from the right and left bracket
keys to the "A" and "S" keys. "A" for decrease and "S" for increase.
That
way if your painting layer mask or need to change brush size for any other tool, you can just leave your left hand on the lower left of your keyboard
the whole time. All the keys for masking/cloning, etc
(alt/Shift/X/D/Ctrl/A/S) are then right in the same area instead of having to lookup or lift your hand to the bracket keys to change the brush size. Add the Shift key for softness/hardness.
I realize it seems like a small difference but it really does make things easier!
Merry Christmas

a gamer??
(move side to side)
Merry Christmas

Digital Artwork & Retouching
www.PixelKat.com

J
joeKool
Dec 29, 2007
On Dec 25, 5:32 pm, "michael" wrote:
Change the Brush tool decrease/increase size from the right and left bracket keys to the "A" and "S" keys.   "A" for decrease and "S" for increase. That
way if your painting layer mask or need to change brush size for any other tool,  you can just leave your left hand on the lower left of your keyboard the whole time.  All the keys for masking/cloning, etc
Merry Christmas

Digital Artwork & Retouchingwww.PixelKat.com

Thanks for the tips, on a side note your retouch work is amazing do you do this for a living.

"Q"
http://www.quinncy.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections