S
Posted By
silverthreads
May 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made an attempt to print from Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac, on my HP Deskjet 340. At no time during the process was i given an option to select paper quality, print quality or any other printer preferences, as I am accustomed to on my PC .I installed the updated drivers and software, and I am getting pretty fair results from HP Photosmart Print, but it sure is a hassle using two different apps to do what I normally do with one.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
John
May 26, 2008
On May 26, 1:14 am, silverthreads wrote:
I made an attempt to print from Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac, on my HP Deskjet 340. At no time during the process was i given an option to select paper quality, print quality or any other printer preferences, as I am accustomed to on my PC .I installed the updated drivers and software, and I am getting pretty fair results from HP Photosmart Print, but it sure is a hassle using two different apps to do what I normally do with one.

I’m printing with an Epson Stylus Photo 1280, so don’t know if the print mechanism is the same as with the HP. But, when I give the command to print, I get an Elements print setup popup box with a couple of print options, such as Scale, Position, Output and Color Management. Then, after I hit the "Print" button, a smaller popup box appears, with a little elongated button in the center of the box. The default option within that box is "Layout", with several other options, including "Print Setting". Selecting "Print Setting" brings up additional options, including "Media Type", which is where paper type may be selected.
ID
Ian D
May 26, 2008
"silverthreads" wrote in message

I use Windows, and supposedly the MS and Mac versions of PSE6 are very close in the Editor functions, according to "The Missing Manual". When you select Print, is there a Color Management area in the print window? In the Windows version there is a Printer Preferences button there, easy to miss. Also, in the Windows version, you are given the usual HP print box after you press Print in the PSE6 print window. Preferences should be there.
M
mazirion
May 27, 2008
In article ,
"Ian D" wrote:

I use Windows, and supposedly the MS and Mac versions of PSE6 are very close in the Editor functions, according to "The Missing Manual". When you select Print, is there a Color Management area in the print window? In the Windows version there is a Printer Preferences button there, easy to miss. Also, in the Windows version, you are given the usual HP print box after you press Print in the PSE6 print window. Preferences should be there.

When you call up the print dialog, look for a small blue widget with a black triangle in it. It is next to the printer name. Click on that and all your preferences will appear.
S
silverthreads
Jun 2, 2008
That was very helpful. I had to do some printing for my wife this evening and I reverted back to my PC. Next time I will stick with the Mac.

On May 27, 7:01 am, maz wrote:
In article ,
 "Ian D" wrote:

I use Windows, and supposedly the MS and Mac versions of PSE6 are very close in the Editor functions, according to "The Missing Manual".  When you select Print, is there a Color Management

area in the print window?  In the Windows version there is a Printer Preferences button there, easy to miss.  Also, in the Windows version, you are given the usual HP print box after you press Print in the PSE6 print window.  Preferences should be there.

When you call up the print dialog, look for a small blue widget with a black triangle in it. It is next to the printer name. Click on that and all your preferences will appear.
S
silverthreads
Jun 2, 2008

P.S. Here is what I had to print http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2542144007_6888c614ca_b. jpg

On May 27, 7:01 am, maz wrote:
In article ,
 "Ian D" wrote:

I use Windows, and supposedly the MS and Mac versions of PSE6 are very close in the Editor functions, according to "The Missing Manual".  When you select Print, is there a Color Management area in the print window?  In the Windows version there is a Printer Preferences button there, easy to miss.  Also, in the Windows version, you are given the usual HP print box after you press Print in the PSE6 print window.  Preferences should be there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections