Posted By
Kathy T in MI
May 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I hope this is the correct group to post my problem to, but am also posting to MS Vista group as well. I recently bought and installed Adobe PS Elements 6 on my Vista 64 bit computer. Accepting the defaults for installation, I then noticed that a Program File Folder (not a shortcut), appears on the DESKTOP called Adobe, consisting of folders for PSE6, and within that folder, ones for Partner Programs (which holds folders named International and North America)), and an Adobe Photoshop Element folder (which holds a folder called directx9 and a folder called Data1.cab which has about 6000 (!!!!) files in it) . This folder holds over 400 mb. There is also a shortcut icon on the desktop to start the program. The program also has a shortcut icon in the Start/All Programs menu.

My question is: Can I move this Adobe Folder from the desktop to Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 6.0 folder without causing problems? If not, can someone tell me why it has to be on the Desktop?

Thanks for your help,
KT in MI

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bob
May 24, 2008
As a general rule never do a default installation of any program. It’s asking for trouble.

I suggest you uninstall and reboot.
Then do a custom installation, carefully choosing what and how you want the program installed.

"Kathy T in MI" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope this is the correct group to post my problem to, but am also posting to MS Vista group as well. I recently bought and installed Adobe PS Elements 6 on my Vista 64 bit computer. Accepting the defaults for installation, I then noticed that a Program File Folder (not a shortcut), appears on the DESKTOP called Adobe, consisting of folders for PSE6, and within that folder, ones for Partner Programs (which holds folders named International and North America)), and an Adobe Photoshop Element folder (which holds a folder called directx9 and a folder called Data1.cab which has about 6000 (!!!!) files in it) . This folder holds over 400 mb. There is also a shortcut icon on the desktop to start the program. The program also has a shortcut icon in the Start/All Programs menu.
My question is: Can I move this Adobe Folder from the desktop to Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 6.0 folder without causing problems? If not, can someone tell me why it has to be on the Desktop?
Thanks for your help,
KT in MI

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections