CF
Posted By
Charmaine Fornoff
Sep 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of viewer similar to or just like Adobe’s Navigator?

I need a viewer for large Format prints (60 X 60) that will show a detail box and miniature image of the file along side the enlarged image so someone can have a perspective of where they are looking in relationsiph to the entire image. This is for a website.

Viewpoint is great except there’s no navigation so you don’t know where you are looking in the image.

Any suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DY
dude_yer_gittin_a_dell
Sep 9, 2003
I know this isn’t much help…but how about just looking at them in PS?
P
Phosphor
Sep 9, 2003
Even at 300ppi, that’s well below Photoshop’s 30,000 pixel limit. Of course, even at one layer RGB it’s a dang big file, but there aren’t any other applications that’ll allow you to naviugate any more quickly. You do know that you can resize Photoshop’s Navigator Palette, right?

What are you hoping to accomplish, Char?
CF
Charmaine Fornoff
Sep 10, 2003
I will try to be more clear. These images are large format prints . Some are 60X60 inches some are24"X8′
The images are part of a gallery of images on a Website..

I would like people viewing the images to be able to enlarge them to 100% of their actual size. The objective is to see the detail of a 10"x10" section at actual size anywhere in the image, while at the same time showing a smaller view of the image with a relative location point indicating what part of the image is being viewed (like the navigator in Photoshop).

Since this is on-line and part of a template I need to incorporate the viewer into the template and can’t use Photoshop.
P
Phosphor
Sep 10, 2003
Have you considered doing it the way Howard Hallis has done it in his "Picture of Everything" <http://www.thepictureofeverything.com>?
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 10, 2003
You may also be able to get creative with PDF’s.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections